We are looking for two décor stylists to join the Created Lovely Events team!
We believe in creating weddings that are as beautiful to the heart and mind as they are to the eye. Décor stylists are an amazing asset to our team, ensuring every beautiful detail from set-up to teardown has been thoughtfully placed to create the most memorable experience for our clients.
A typical wedding day shift is from 9am-1pm and 11:00pm-1:00am. You are expected to attend every wedding set-up and teardown and will work closely with the rest of the Created Lovely team. There will be a total of 15 weddings you will be required to work that include some week day weddings. While the day will be filled with excitement and a whole lot of pretty, don’t underestimate the work that goes in to creating beautiful spaces. Décor set-up and teardown requires extended periods of time on your feet (often outdoors in summer heat), working under pressure, and exceptional attention to detail.
Just as every couple is unique, so is every wedding. We strongly believe in treating each wedding with the care and attention our clients to deserve—a day that’s truly created lovely.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Each wedding week you will be attending a one hour Created Lovely Events team overview meeting to review the wedding day schedule and all décor details
Décor set-up & styling from approximately 9am-1pm. Set-up may include:
- Hanging lighting (excluding tent chandeliers)
- Moving and unloading décor, signage, and chairs
- Setting and styling tables in their entirety as per the design
- Assisting floral designer with unloading and styling floral arrangements
- Finalizing every last décor detail to perfection
Décor teardown from approximately 11:00pm-1:00am. Teardown may include:
- Packaging all décor items including lights, stationary, candles, flowers, and any remaining styled items
- Bagging and stacking all rented chairs
- Bagging linens
- Organizing décor items for rental and client pick-up
Note: estimated décor teardown time is subjective to work ethic and wedding size
- You are organized, structured, and goal oriented
- You work well under pressure
- You enjoy going above and beyond for clients
- You are very personable and enjoy working with a team
- You are a quick learner and enjoy problem solving
- Previous experience in the weddings or event industry is an asset
- A certificate, diploma, or degree in the Events & Conventions or Tourism Management field is an asset
- Must be interested in aesthetics
- Must be available to work weekends and some week day weddings
- Must have access to a computer, email, and cellular phone
- Must be familiar with DropBox
- Must have reliable transportation ranging from Penticton to Vernon
Set daily rate of $112-$126/day ($16-$18/hr) based on experience
To apply please e-mail all of the following to Nicole at email@example.com:
- 3-5 minute video submitted with DropBox link on what creating a lovely life means to you (iPhone video is totally fine!)
- Two to three references
- Weekend Availability (May-October)
Closing Date: Tuesday, March 31, 2015
We thank all candidates for their interest but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews. No telephone calls please. We look forward to hearing from you!