Yesterday in the car, Royce turned to me and said “if you could go on any date right now for less than $15 what would you want to do?” Which got me thinking… wellll there’s SO much we could do, depends on what you’re in the mood for! So that inspired today’s blog post. 10 date ideas for under $15.
1. Surprise Shopper- I did this for a date I planned for my friends one time. Put $5 in two envelopes and you each take one. Go into a convenience store and you have to buy what you think the other person would want for themselves. It’s a fun and cute challenge to see how well your significant other knows you.
2. Coffee Date- Fingers crossed lattes don’t get any more expensive because my current #1 favourite date is a skinny caramel macchiato and a cozy, somewhat quiet coffee shop.
3. Dessert Night- Skip the meal and drinks and go for dessert. Ever tried the cookie at Milestones?! One word… YUM!
4. Float Night- Drive over to your local grocery store and pick-up vanilla ice-cream, rootbeer, and some fun cups and have a rootbeer float night at home. Your inner child will love you. Bonus points if you do this after a day at the beach.
5. Mini Golf- This might break the bank by a buck or two but I love a cute mini golf date. Minus my insanely competitive nature that the ball never seems to find the darn hole!! I’ll personally be skipping #5.
6. Netflix & Popcorn- Royce and I save money on TV by using our 3 free channels and just paying $8/month for Netflix. One of my favourite date nights is a new movie on Netflix and buying Kernel’s popcorn seasoning from Walmart/Superstore and making fresh popcorn with a brown paper bag, olive oil, and the microwave. When we’re feeling rich and fancy we buy the good stuff and season it with truffle oil and grated gruyere cheese.
7. Bananagrams- If you’ve never played Bananagrams you’re missing out. Go buy it from Target or Chapters, make some nachos at home and sit down and play! It’s like scrabble without the board and points.
8. Two can Dine- Don’t tell me you don’t love A&W onion rings. Once in a blue moon Royce and I take coupons we get in the mail and pick up teen burgers and onion rings and eat dinner in bed. *Note: you will go over budget without the coupons*
9. Sangria Night- The liquor store has a large selection of wine for $10. All you need is orange juice, 7Up, and some fruit and you’ve got sangria night! A whole pitcher to be enjoyed on your back patio watching the sunset.
10. Ghost Hunting- I can’t believe I’m admitting this, but it was one of my Favourite things to do on warm summer nights back when I lived in Saskatchewan. You know how many abandoned towns there are?! Spooky and terrifyingly fun. I may or may not own all of the “Ghost Stories of _____” books. Don’t judge me.
That’s it! 10 date night ideas for under $15!