1. I won’t watch your entire father daughter dance because I can’t help from crying.
2. I secretly love watching people take phone pictures of a reception space I designed.
3. Though I’m not judging, whatsoever… I sometimes think my brides have moments that are borderline crazy. But I love them anyway.
4. I really hate when a wedding guest moves something I set-up and had meticulously placed there on purpose.
5. I love jam favours because it means my breakfast is going to be amazing for a solid month.
6. I love when the groom cries.
7. I don’t like when my bride’s want super short ceremonies. Your ceremony is the entire purpose of your wedding and they can be so beautiful.
8. I cringe when a bride doesn’t like flowers.
9. I hate the garter toss. It’s so awkward.
10. I’ve never had a client I didn’t love. Not kidding.
11. Fake candles are the devil’s work.
12. Whoever told you to buy fake flowers instead of getting a florist isn’t your friend.
13. A wedding without stationary is like a wedding without cake. And that’s a sad wedding.
14. I 100% believe that being a wedding planner is the best job in the world, 99.9% of the time.
15. I hate chai lattes. Not wedding related but I really just don’t like them.
16. When you tell me you have an idea and it’s straight from Pinterest what I really want to say is, “Pinning something on Pinterest does not make it your idea. It makes it someone else’s that you like.” Not the same.
17. I love receiving hand written notes from brides. Totally makes my day.
18. I love outdoor weddings. More than the most extravagant hotel wedding in the world.
19. Rustic doesn’t go out of style. Mason jars and burlap are not the definition of rustic people. There’s so much more to it!
20. I think that people that say they don’t want to get married are lying. Marriage is one of the best things that can happen to you.
Photo: Rebecca Siewert Photography (Royce & I’s wedding)